Mail Client Settings
So your mail client isn't working. If you changed something and messed it up but don't remember what is was, never fear...
this page was created to help you get things back the way they belong.
The information on this page is presented with the assumption that you know how to change your mail
client settings. If you don't, please see the tutorial on Setting Up Your Aire Networks Account For The First Time.
Keep in mind that these settings are taken from several mail clients. You may or may not see some of these settings in yours.
Here are the settings that are critical to the proper functioning of your mail client:
- Your e-mail address should be YourUsername@airenetworks.com ("YourUsername" represents your unique username)
- The POP3 server is mail.airenetworks.com
- Your SMTP server will be
- Your username and password must be correct.
- This account is included when sending/receiving (could also be 'Automatically Download New Messages')
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is unchecked or off.
- Secure Password Authentication (or Secure Authentication) is unchecked
- Outgoing (SMTP) Authentication is checked or on ('My server requires authentication' or 'Use
same name and password as incoming mail server)
- Your client is set to connect using a LAN (Local Area Network) or "always on" connection.
- Incoming (POP3) Mail server port is 110
- Outgoing (SMTP) Mail server port is 25